The Assistant HR Manager is responsible for the interviewing, hiring, AAP tracking/reporting and associate retention to meet the staffing requirements of our team. This Manager will work directly with area leaders to identify opportunities, problem solve, and build strategy that support improvements in effectiveness and retention through the entire staffing life-cycle. This position ensures execution of staffing strategies and processes by building strong internal and external sourcing networks and business partnerships.
- Utilizes various data systems, extracts raw data from reporting systems and conducts in-depth, trend analysis. Forecast future staffing needs and communicate/plan a strategy with business leaders to adequately prepare and execute.
- Track KPI’s and metrics. Perform to set goals. Report to managers monthly.
- Lead activities and strategic planning to meet deadlines for peak season “ramp up”.
- Proactively delivers communications and/or presentations to the team as necessary.
- Drive the full life-cycle of the recruiting process – from partnering with leadership on definition of resource needs and strategy to targeting, accessing, negotiating, recruiting and closing top candidates to enhance the team’s ability to deliver results.
- Designing and delivering effective recruiting strategies and best practices to source, attract, screen, recruit and select quality candidate for key positions across the company.
- Conduct in-person interviews and screening of candidates; making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Consult with compensation/HR Managers on salary administration to ensure consistency in administration of salary offers relative to hiring, promotions, transfers, internal equity etc.
- Super-user for iCIMS applicant tracking system
- Manage marketing positions on electronic job boards; as needed.
- Develop, manage and execute internship program.
- Partner with corporate recruiting; as needed
- Manage employment related record keeping.
- Successfully interact and respond to employee/candidate hiring/promotion issues and concerns.
- Plans, assists with and supports activities and events sponsored by human resources staff.
- Assists with labor relations issues.
- Supports and guides operations staff on policies and practices.
- Manage and conduct exit interviews for front end of business.
- Maintain a strong, decisive, results-oriented personality that develops and manages relationships with a wide variety of partners.
- Operate in a challenging environment in which initiative, team-playing ability, effective influencing skills and strong technical skills are necessary.
- Partner with & maintain professional contact with local companies and provide benchmark data (i.e. salary, benefits, referral programs, etc.) to management.
- Serve as HR representative for the Employee relations/events committee
- Other projects and activities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field required or equivalent work/education combination. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Human Resources. At least 7 years to be considered without a relevant Bachelor Degree or higher.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 -5+ years prior recruiting experience. At least 3 years to be considered without a relevant Bachelor Degree or higher.
- Demonstrated experience working with all levels of management, prior work within manufacturing or distribution centers highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with labor relations issues and problem solving.
- Must have prior experience with developing direct and indirect recruitment tactics.
- Vast experience recruiting at high volumes is a must
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of recruitment strategies.
- Experience identifying and securing sources of potential job candidates.
- Experience recruiting qualified candidates from a variety of sources.
- Experience conducting phone screens and assessing fit verbally.
- Experience developing and executing a recruiting strategy.
- Must be able to articulate, professional; possess excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Possess strong computer skills, MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint. Must be able to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: