The primary responsibility of the Sewing Machine Operator Trainee to ensure that orders in the respective Production area are embellished accurately, on time and in accordance with GTM quality standards. Team members work together performing various duties, including but not limited to: operation of cut and sew equipment, order preparation and quality assurance. Machine Operators will be cross trained on all sublimation machines.
The hours for this position are 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm), Monday - Friday. Occasional weekends are required during peak season.
- Follow established standard operating procedures to produce scheduled jobs on time.
- Identify and communicate delays or issues that may potentially keep a specific job from being completed.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
- Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, fabric type and size specifications.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Assist the rest of the production team as needed.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes; participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Maintain daily production records.
- Follow the basic daily preventative maintenance flow chart
- Lift fabric rolls 50lb or more
- Lift Kraft Paper rolls 50lb or more
- Track Fabric Inventory
- Track basic materials to complete the job
- Complete position specific training plan, and engage in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Uphold GTM’s Vision, Mission, and Values by “Making it Personal” during every interaction and process with all departments and team members.
Roles of Team Members:
- Cutter: Cut out pattern pieces and bundle according to size, ensure garment size runs are complete, and confirm accuracy of size tags and modesty panels. Also organize and track tubs on the output wall.
- Press Operator: Press artwork onto garments, identify fabric defects and/or artwork issues, track fabric waste and stock inventory. Operation will require running multiple presses at once.
- Print Operator: Coordinate and organize orders based on priority, calibrate colors for all printers, layout artwork to print onto transfer paper, track consumables (ink, paper, etc.) and identify lines in artwork, color dropouts, and or print head issues.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong mechanical, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions.
- Ability to read a bill of materials spreadsheet.
- Ability to compute simple mathematical equations.
- Pattern knowledge a plus.
- PosterPrint software knowledge a plus.
- Must be willing to cross train and help other areas in the Sublimation and Production Departments.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: