Position Definition: The job of a Tech II was established to provide support and Total Productive Maintenance for the VSC. A Tech II will provide maintenance services and assistance in maintenance activities where needed and/or assigned. Services will be focused in assisting with facility wide functions such as PM's, Breakdowns, Repairs, Projects, etc.
- Essential Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing assets as needed using operation manuals, drawings, manufacturers specifications and applicable building/electrical codes.
- Responsible for Safe, reliable and efficient operation of all machinery and equipment. Including, but not limited to, clearing faults, jams, crashes, etc.
- To insure assigned assets or areas are maintained per guidelines set by the management team. This may include routine checks and scheduled audits to verify PM’s and associated work orders have been completed.
- Log any necessary data for required reports pertaining to analysis, errors, and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all conveyors. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Automatic Storage and Retrieval cranes. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the Automatic Sorter. To include replacing items such as; bearings, trays, tilt elements, carriage, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of general functions of the Fire Safety Monitoring System. Such as performing system test and reports, maintenance for the pump and generator, replacing riser valves, sprinkler heads, etc.
- Responsible for all assigned PM's.
- Responsible for acquiring the necessary level of understanding of the HK system software and WonderWare in order to safely and effectively operate, maintain and repair the VSC equipment.
- Other Functions:
- Install, PM and repair of dock doors, locks, levelers, chocks, lights, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility lights, fixtures, ballast, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility plumbing such as sinks, toilets, faucets, ice machines, garbage disposals, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of various plant equipment such as bailers, cardboard conveyors, heat seal machines, tape machines, staplers, pallet jacks, etc.
- To safely and effectively use and maintain facility and Maintenance Department vehicles such as the pickup truck, dump truck, tractor, loader, scissor lifts, boom lifts, fork lifts, etc.
- To assist as needed in the VSC Lift Truck and Battery program. Such as general maintenance for any lift vehicles, towing disabled or stuck vehicles, changing and watering batteries, maintaining battery changing equipment, etc.
- Assembly, repair or relocation of office furniture and equipment.
- Responsible for plant snow and ice removal.
PM, and repair of snow removal equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic PC skills.
- Must be able to adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge that he/she can safely use a Digital MultiMeter.
- Perform any required work function as directed by the supervisor in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work at heights up to 90 feet.
- Ability to fabricate items using machinery such as a milling machine, lathe, brake, sheer, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Ability to service fork lifts, fork lift batteries, battery chargers, battery changers, etc.
- Must be able to interpret and utilize complex technical manuals, electrical schematics, flow diagrams, etc.
- Must perform job function in a respectable, professional manner.
- Must be team oriented.
Knowledge and experience in the combined trades of Hydraulic, Mechanical, Pneumatic and Electrical i
MUST HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: